Good News! As of March 2011, both Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback are permanent additions to the Pepsi lineup!
Hi there! If you are visiting us here at BevReview.com after hearing about Pepsi Throwback on NPR’s All Things Considered program, welcome!
I’m your host, Steve Tanner.
We discussed the drinks, what made them different from their normal counterparts, and whether or not the marketplace is demanding beverages that use sugar vs. high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).
Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback are limited-time drinks available for 8 weeks, approximately from April 20-June 15. They are notable for being sweetened with “natural sugar”, which is a combination of cane and beet sugar.
Pepsi Throwback was first talked about back in February, so I’d encourage you to visit some of our older conversations, read the stories, and note the comments from our beverage community.
Here’s a look at our coverage over the past few months:
- Pepsi/Dew Throwbacks discovered via trademark filings (February 9)
- Unused prototype bottle designs leaked (February 19)
- Official Facts about Pepsi Throwback & Mountain Dew Throwback (February 26)
- Preview of another sugar-sweetened drink: Pepsi Natural (March 5)
- Review: Pepsi Natural (March 16)
- Review: Pepsi Throwback (April 17)
- Review: Mountain Dew Throwback (April 21)
- Tips in finding Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback? (April 21)