Good News! As of March 2011, both Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback are permanent additions to the Pepsi lineup!
Pepsi confirmed via Facebook and Twitter that the Throwbacks will be returning for a limited 8-week run in December. Specifically, that would place the date range at December 28-February 22.
We’re still pulling together additional confirmation and details, but here is what we know so far:
Thanks for all the Throwback tweets, videos, pics & pleas. We’ve heard you & you convinced us. And… We’ve got great news! Throwback is coming back!! On Dec 28th for 8 weeks. Same formula, but cooler vintage look!
We’ve got some awesome news for you guys today! Mountain Dew THROWBACK is officially coming back thanks to all your feedback! It will hit stores on December 28 for eight weeks with sweet new packaging. Get ready!
From Pepsi’s Twitter account:
So… We’ve got great news! Throwback is coming back!! On Dec 28th for 8 weeks. With the same formula, but new awesome vintage look!
we heard u guys loud and clear and now its coming back!!! mountain dew #throwback will hit stores dec 28 for 8 weeks w/ new packaging!
One wonders if the “cooler vintage look”, “sweet new packaging”, and “awesome vintage look” will resemble the fan-favorite prototype bottle designs that were leaked back in February, but later discarded for the Throwback designs that were eventually brought to market.
For those new to the world of Pepsi Throwback, here’s a look at our coverage over the past few months:
- Pepsi/Dew Throwbacks discovered via trademark filings (February 9)
- Unused prototype bottle designs leaked (February 19)
- Official Facts about Pepsi Throwback & Mountain Dew Throwback (February 26)
- Preview of another sugar-sweetened drink: Pepsi Natural (March 5)
- Review: Pepsi Natural (March 16)
- Review: Pepsi Throwback (April 17)
- Review: Mountain Dew Throwback (April 21)
- Tips in finding Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback? (April 21)
- Win a Pepsi Throwback Pack! (April 22)
- Winner announced in Pepsi Throwback Pack contest (May 4)
Are you excited? We sure are!