Good News! As of March 2011, both Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback are permanent additions to the Pepsi lineup!
The third time's a charm!
Per Pepsi's customer support, this is now being officially confirmed:
We're thrilled to announce that thanks to the overwhelmingly positive feedback we've received, Throwback is coming back! You'll begin to see these beverages in stores starting July 31st for five weeks or while supplies last. They'll have the same real sugar formula and retro graphics that you liked so much the last go-round.
5 weeks? Seems like these runs are getting shorter and shorter, doesn't it. For those who like to mark their calendars, those dates are around July 31-September 4.
As we get more details, we'll be sure to share them. It's back for a third time, Throwback fans! Special thanks to BevReview fan Rick Powell for passing along the information.
Other Throwback coverage on BevReview.com:
- Pepsi/Dew Throwbacks discovered via trademark filings (February 9, 2009)
- Unused prototype bottle designs leaked (February 19, 2009)
- Official Facts about Pepsi Throwback & Mountain Dew Throwback (February 26, 2009)
- Preview of another sugar-sweetened drink: Pepsi Natural (March 5, 2009)
- Review: Pepsi Natural (March 16, 2009)
- Review: Pepsi Throwback (April 17, 2009)
- Review: Mountain Dew Throwback (April 21, 2009)
- Tips in finding Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback? (April 21, 2009)
- NPR Interview with Steve Tanner about Pepsi Throwback (May 5, 2009)
- Pepsi, Dew Throwback to return in December for 8 weeks (August 10, 2009)
- New Mountain Dew Throwback Design (September 9, 2009)
- Pepsi Throwback, Mountain Dew Throwback December 2009 relaunch designs (November 27, 2009)
- Review: Pepsi Throwback (December 2009 Rerelease) (January 1, 2010)
- Review: Mountain Dew Throwback (December 2009 Rerelease) (January 6, 2010)