How to Celebrate
The idea behind Vitamin C Day is to get your daily recommended fill of vitamin C. Adult men need 90 mg/day and adult women need 75 mg/day. Keep in mind also that the human body can’t store over 2,000 mg/day. Typically we think of orange juice as being a great source of vitamin C, but there are other foods higher in Vitamin C than an orange:
- Orange – 82.7 mg
- Strawberries (147 g serving) – 85.5 mg
- Papaya – 95.6 mg
- Grapefruit – 114 mg
- Red Bell Pepper (1 cup, chopped) – 119.9 mg
- Cauliflower (1 head, 4″ diameter) – 127.7 mg
- Broccoli (148 g, chopped) – 132 mg
- Kiwi – 137.2 mg
- Kale (2 cups, chopped) – 160.8 mg
To honor this day we are featuring the 1980s-1990s cans of Donald Duck Orange Juice and Donald Duck Grapefruit Juice. Didn’t know Donald was such a health nut?
Happy Vitamin C Day (4/4)!
- Explore these cans at CanMuseum.com:
Photo used by permission of CanMuseum.com